5 Ingredient Sweet Green Breakfast Smoothie
With only five ingredients this ultra creamy smoothie is easy to whip up for breakfast even on busy days. The banana and almond milk add sweetness while the Greek yogurt and peanut butter provide a blast of satiating protein to hold you over until lunch. You can easily double (or triple!) the recipe to serve a crowd.
- Prep Time: 5 Minutes
- Total Time: 5 Minutes
- Yield: 1 Cup 1x
- Category: Drink
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: American
- 1 ripe, medium size banana
- 2 cups spinach
- 1/3 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- Combine all of the ingredients in a blender.
- Blend on high for 1 minute or until no chunks of spinach leaves remain.
- Serve immediately.
- Too Thick? – I love a really thick smoothie but if you can’t handle it, add more almond milk as needed.
- Spinach Only Please – I recommend not substituting other greens for the spinach. I’ve found kale to be too chewy, lettuce to be too watery, and most other greens to add an odd flavor. I have not tried this recipe with frozen spinach but suspect it won’t turn out as creamy.
- Serve Immediately – The smoothie may separate if left in the fridge too long so make it just in time (which is easy since it whips up so fast).
Keywords: Green Smoothie, Creamy, Power Breakfast