Simple Rack of Lamb With Broiled Tomatoes and Charred Lemon
An easy and elegant dish to whip up for any occasion, these garlic infused, generously salted lamb ribs will delight you with their flavor and tenderness. Sweet tang from the broiled tomatoes and charred lemon perfectly balances the lamb’s savoriness. Not to mention the bright combination of colors makes for a beautiful presentation when plated alongside a salad or green vegetable.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Stove & Oven
- Cuisine: Greek
- 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 6 whole garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 rack of lamb (1 1/4 to 2 pounds)
- 2 cups Campari tomatoes
- 1 lemon, sliced into 1/4 inch wheels
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil and whole garlic cloves in large cast iron skillet on medium-high heat.
- Pat lamb rack dry and season both sides with salt.
- When garlic cloves begin to brown, push to one side and add lamb rack, fat side down. Cook for 4 minutes, until lightly browned, then flip lamb rack and cook for additional 4 minutes.
- Using tongs, place browned garlic on top of lamb rack (see photos below) and transfer cast iron skillet to oven. Roast for 40 minutes.
- While lamb is roasting, place campari tomatoes and lemon wheels on roasting pan. Drizzle with remaining 1/2 tablespoon olive oil and sprinkle lightly with salt if desired.
- Remove lamb from oven and let rest.
- While lamb is resting, turn oven broiler to high. Broil lemon and tomatoes for 5 minutes or until lemon just begins to char. Remove from oven and serve immediately with sliced lamb ribs.
- What kind of salt? – I recommend using kosher salt or fine ground sea salt when seasoning meat.
- No cast iron? No problem – Any large skillet will do to brown the lamb rack. When ready, transfer the lamb rack and garlic to a roasting pan and proceed as directed.
- What temperature is the meat done? – The safe internal temperature for lamb is 145 degrees F.
Keywords: Lamb Rack, Ribs, Charred Lemon, Broiled Tomatoes